Wednesday 21 October 2020

Does God really love ME?

I love the way the Bible really is living. So I can read something I have read many times before and there is something new. I often think about heaven as I realise that my thoughts are usually stuck in the mud of this world and not focused enough on eternity.


In order to look at the 'joy that is set before me' I love to look at the garden of Eden described in Genesis 2:8-14, as this is God's best plan so I am sure heaven will be something like it. What I saw in the reading this week is the amazing, phenomenal description, that after Adam and Eve had eaten the fruit and realised they were naked, Father God had still gone to meet with them in the garden in the evening breeze. They were hiding from God. Then one of the saddest verses in the Bible, 'God called to the Man: 'Where are you?' Genesis 3:9. God knew exactly where 
Adam and Eve were and what they had done, but He wanted them to own up to Him about their misdemeanor. He wanted to be with them and reassure them. 

But can you imagine God's enormous disappointment. His precious creation, Adam, and then His gift to him in Eve, had gone against the one rule He had asked them to adhere to. All His great plans blown out of the water by one slimy snake. But I am mega grateful that was not the end. BUT GOD knew this would happen so He had a plan which He mentioned in Genesis 3:15

The wonderful new point for me in this story is that God wanted to find them that day, and talk to them and fellowship with them. He did not leave them to wallow in their guilt and shame. He was so keen to restore the relationship, there would be consequences of their action, but He would still be there for them both. This is amazing LOVE.


Words cannot describe the enormity of God's reaction to Adam showing us the complete overwhelming unconditional LOVE of our Heavenly Father.

This is so very special for all of us, when we do wrong not only do we avoid facing God but also taking responsibility for the misdemeanor. We put off saying 'sorry', making right what we have done wrong. I must never forget that as soon as I have a wrong thought, action or word, I must run to Him and be completely open and ask for forgiveness and for the free flow of the Holy Spirit through me to return, so I can continue on in His strength which I need moment by moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llab0E7X-CI

0 comments:

Post a Comment