Saturday 14 March 2020

His promise may have a condition?

I have heard so many people, teachers and preachers speaking out the wonderful promise from Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'

Isn't this the most amazing promise, we all want everything to go well, not to be tough, to be comfortable, not painful. But when I heard this quoted so often without the changes expected, I felt the Holy Spirit say 'look further'💬 'then you will come and pray..... then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me (as a vital necessity) and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart'. Jeremiah 29:12-13

So here is the 'condition' for this wonderful promise. So WE have something to do as the Holy Spirit leads us. Then He is free to show us His wonderful plans. We need to pray. to SEARCH FOR HIM WITH OUR WHOLE HEART!

To see what this looks like, when Abraham gave his whole heart, listen to Bob Fitts singing 'Sacrifice'

Now I have been challenged about looking at the whole picture when I love a promise, it helps me to be so joyful knowing Father will keep His side when I do mine.

For example, let us check this out! So Psalm 37:4,5 TPT says 'Make God the utmost delight and pleasure of your life, and He will provide for you what you desire the most. Give God the right to direct your life, and as you trust Him along the way, you'll find HE pulled it off perfectly!' So to receive the Life of Jesus we would like, the condition is to put Him as number one, give Him total control and TRUST Him.

So let us check out any promises we have for our life and see if there is anything we could be doing to cooperate with Father God

0 comments:

Post a Comment