Monday 29 July 2019

The words of my mouth!

Anyone who knows me knows how I am always pushing the power of the tongue. Our tongue is the most powerful muscle in our body, It can do the most harm and it is the only muscle that can benefit from not being used!

Starting with God in Genesis 1:1-3, the earth was without form and void, and the Spirit of God was moving upon the face of the waters, but God said.... and it was done. Words from the mouth of God formed the universe. And in Hebrews 1:3 it says all things are upheld by the Word of His power. So not only was the whole universe made by His Word but it is all being held together by the same Word.

Father God has put the same ability in us. We know if we feel miserable for what ever reason, if we rehearse this over and over to friends, family or on the phone, we continue to feel miserable. BUT if we say we feel miserable but know God is going to turn it round for our good, we can lift ourselves up from the pit of despair. 

A year ago I went to a weekend retreat and a lady who knew nothing about me gave me a word of prophecy about how 'God was going to teach me to fly'. I thought that was funny as I do not like flying at all, but it got my attention. She enlarged upon this saying I would learn to rise above harsh words, difficult situations....... I have been speaking it out since that time to burn it into my spirit. A few weeks ago I received a message informing me of something that could mean a change in my circumstances and immediately I went to the phone but inside me rose up the realisation that this was a great opportunity for me to 'fly' with Him. So after talking to Father God and claiming His promises to me, within about 20 minutes I felt completely different and quite excited that whatever my future looks like I know WHO holds my future.

Let us recognise the power in our words, even the world does that. But let us be serious about THE WORD of GOD that is living and active and goes right to the root of the problem. We can use it to transform every area of our lives, 'A gentle tongue (with its healing power) is a tree of life' 
Let us come into agreement with our Father about what He says about us instead of feasting our thoughts on any rubbish that has been spoken over us or to us!

We can encourage all those around us, family, friends and colleagues to be serious about words and see how it changes the atmosphere and can even change outcomes.
'Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God' Romans 10:17 So for our faith in Jesus Christ to grow we need to be speaking Life from His living Word and not death, Proverbs 18:21

0 comments:

Post a Comment