Saturday 8 March 2014

JOY



Consider it sheer JOY, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colours. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way’. James 1:2-4 MSG
God’s will for our lives is joy in ALL circumstances: “Always be full of joy in the Lord; I say it again, rejoice!” Philippians 4:4NLT.

BUT Father God what about when our precious second daughter with her wonderful husband and three children emigrate from the UK to Australia at the end of March? Where is JOY then?

I am naturally a cup half empty person therefore my default button is misery and complaining so I need to look at all the Word says about this. Surely Father God who lost His Son would not expect me to be full of ‘JOY’ in these circumstances??

I am not talking about happiness which I know comes and goes depending on circumstances - and the whole world wants to be happy! (I am so ‘happy’ with a special cup of coffee and chocolate biscuit – easily pleased!) I am talking about what God calls ‘JOY’! A fruit of His Holy Spirit living in me. That power that raised Jesus from the dead! The same power that gives me confidence and assurance that He alone has all things in His hands. The JOY that works along with love, peace, patience; kindness; goodness, faithfulness; gentleness and self-control, totally supernatural fruit from staying close to Jesus. What a challenge!



  Jesus as usual shows us how and what we need to do to allow joy as a force for overcoming in EVERY circumstance, “Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart” Hebrews 12:3. So I just have to look to Jesus, focus on Him, draw close to Him. He could walk in such joy because He had a heart overflowing with love for all people and NO selfish ideas and plans. I know this is the best move for my precious family and they have talked to Him about this journey for their every decision!


   Jesus even prayed for us to be filled with joy, John 17:13. “Live within My love ........ I have told you this so that you will be filled with My joy. Yes your cup of joy will overflow.” John 15:9-11. Jesus always had His prayers answered. Brilliant! That is what I need to remind myself of even when I am crying in self-pity and grief. Remember, God can see the bigger picture and I can trust Him completely and Jesus is praying for me! WOW!


   I will continue this blog as God shows me creative ways to allow the spiritual force of JOY to bubble up in my heart over the next few weeks and pray it will help any who are going through pain and trials of any sort. Don’t hesitate to send me your own examples of experiencing the JOY God gives you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment