Tuesday 26 March 2013

Let's move on?


It is so long since I have written! How much time do we have to read everybody’s blogs these days? If we have two minutes we read their Facebook entries if we have one minute we follow people on Twitter, but a blog – that’s too much information!


Being very verbal in my conversation I can never limit myself for Facebook and really don’t share my heart then, just snippets of meaningless information that keep people at a distance. I am going to try to do little and often on my blog then at least all our valuable family and friends will be more aware of what we are up to on a regular basis.

I stopped blogging as I was so down about ‘life’. The world looked a mess, our life looked a disaster, and friends’ lives looked turbulent; what is the point of it all?


A whole year has passed since those dark days but I thank God I have been through this year as it has changed me completely. Any trial can be used for our good if we determine we are going to learn all we can from it. I am sure God’s ideal is that we should learn everything from His Word but sometimes we learn faster when our back is against the wall!
During the year I was challenged so much on how much I bothered to DO the Word, or did I just read it to tick the box. Most of what I was doing was to make me feel better and nothing to do with how God felt about what I did! The biggest challenge was what was I doing behind closed doors? What was going on in my head and coming out of my mouth?

The answer was nothing new, I knew it all along but I had to make His choices and DO the Word, so that meant ‘count it nothing but joy when you fall into all sorts of trials’ James 1:2. ‘Always rejoice, constantly pray, in everything give thanks’ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18



Now we are having a wonderfully exciting journey, a whole new season, aware of the Holy Spirit’s presence with us everyday. I do need Jesus so much, and at my age I have become aware time is running out!
Wow I am on my way to heaven and I am going to cram all I can into however many days I have got left! However tough my days may be I thank Him I am growing more like Jesus, which is the Father’s aim because He loves me so much. Look up Galatians 4:19.




0 comments:

Post a Comment