Saturday 17 September 2011

First day of the rest of my life!

So exciting! My first blog with lots of help from Mary and Jacco O, and patience from my wonderful husband. Where would I be without him?

This week was meant to be very quiet as I was supposed to be going South to care for a friend post-surgery but God had other plans as her surgery was delayed for two weeks.

Dave preached a wonderful sermon on Sunday challenging all hearers about getting out of our fur-lined ruts to rebuild the hearts of the people in Carlisle. 95% of the hearers responded wanting to follow Jesus with their whole lives. So encouraging!


Monday morning was going to be quiet so a nice leisurely trip to the gym was planned. Not sure that is truth as if I expect to stop trying to be the next Michelin mother I will have to work very hard in the gym; well let’s say I went!

But a request had come for me to take an hour to clean a flat where a lovely young Mum was moving in with her nearly three-month-old son. Armed with a pile of rags, wipes, sprays and the vacuum, I was thrilled to make her new home clean and pleasant for her and her son. At least she didn’t have to stay up all hours to do the cleaning! As I left after five hours she was a very grateful young lady. What a blessing to make a flat as beautiful as I would like it to be for myself and my family. So exciting that I remember I am pleasing Him as I wash floors, the blessing of His presence and praying over the new home, even if no one is grateful I know His love is being shown to all involved.



Home to throw together a meal of leftovers from Sunday lunch when we had friends! No time to stop, out to a church meeting about what we should do in the community! I am so thrilled that all my life God has given me work, paid and unpaid, out in the community. Talking about all the needs in our community makes me realise how big this job is before Jesus comes back! Falling into bed exhausted but so rejoicing in Him.


What a wake up! it is my birthday! 65yrs, so I thought I was meant to be retiring but I am sure I am refiring! What a wonderful celebration with Jesus first! Only His grace and mercy got me to this age! Off to the gym again but just beaten by a demanding text from a lovely girl who feels she is cracking up and is frightened, what a wonderful excuse to miss the gym.


I helped David to set up the ten computers in the community centre where it was his first day of taking vulnerable people for a course on learning basic computer skills, so exciting to see them respond with enthusiasm and hope. Then I was able to sit with my young friend while she had very worrying signs but we were able to contact the professionals. They would all love to be able to do more but now some jobs are being cut and the demand becomes greater everyday. What an opportunity for the church. When will I be bold enough to say the heart of the matter is the matter of the heart? Jesus has healed my broken heart so I know He will do it for others.


There is a house meeting for an hour to discuss any issues we all have as to the smooth working of the girls’ house with its two occupants. But two people missing so it is delayed, and there is a more urgent need for the Crisis Team. They are amazing at everyone’s beck and call, they need our prayers! But guess what our boarder has decided not to come home tonight so I can go out with our very special friends to share our birthdays! The only thing is she is 22yrs my junior, but what fun at Toby’s then we went to her Mum’s home for coffee and presents. She got an iPad so Dave was able to spend an hour connecting it to everything needed! Don’t I love it when my time is in His hands, and He controls my every move as I daily make Jesus my Lord! What a challenge and what an adventure!!

2 comments:

Mary O

Great blog...keep it up!!!

Anonymous

What a beautiful blog. Keep the content coming. Very proud.

Post a Comment