Listening to Father God as He speaks in so many different ways is so exciting. Like all thrilling, interesting and exciting relationships there needs to be lots of back and forth communication. It is so encouraging and helps when we ask Him a question, for example 'What do you want me to know about this situation?' The first quiet thought will be His answer. Write it down then ask, 'What do you want me to do?' He wants a close friendship with us every day not just during a prayer time. He is available to us anytime but often I know I am too busy. His advice and plan of action would save me so much heart ache instead of rushing ahead and doing any activity 'my way'..
My most common way of hearing Him is through the Word but I do love the 'still small voice' but I have to submit to God and be still to hear this. When we were living in Australia we were wondering about returning to the UK. In my quiet time I was reading Isaiah 58:7 'do not hide from relatives who need your help'. This jumped out at me so I just asked Father if that was His instruction then please show Dave the same verse. Two weeks later sitting across the table he said to me 'have you seen this verse, Isaiah 58:7?' The rest is His Story in our lives as we returned to the UK and were able to support elderly parents.
Hearing from God, as part of my daily walk, is so challenging and so exciting. With screens, shorts, reels and the rest it is so easy to get distracted but again we need to ask the Holy Spirit to help us. As He raised Jesus from the dead surely He has the power to stop me from getting side-lined. BUT I have to obey His prompting and be willing. If we are not willing to be seperated from this addiction, then ask Him to make us willing to be willing, that is amazing GRACE.
How do you hear your Father speak to you?
When was the last time you heard Him? Did you follow through with what He said.
I had been complaining recently that the Holy Spirit hadn't highlighted anyone to me to pray for healing. When I stopped He reminded me that the last time He had pointed out someone who needed healing I had not done it. I needed to be obedient so the flow of His direction can run freely again.
We can’t just read a book about Him. His love letter to us is 'living' and so relevant to the day He speaks through it. We need to listen to the voice of God more and more and allow that to rule our actions. This will produce joy, truth, and maybe repentance if needed, but definitely transformation. Our relationship with our Father and Son, through the power of the Holy Spirit working in us will certainly transform our love relationship with HIM. Read this personal letter to you and He will speak loud and clear.
https://www.joyforlife.org/a-love-letter

0 comments:
Post a Comment