Sunday 18 March 2018

Good Grief!

Well it happened the ‘thing I feared the most has come upon me’ 😭

Having prayed 'Lord now let Your servant depart in peace for my eyes have seen Your Glory' with family round him, Dave so happily entered into the joy of his Lord, Jesus Christ, on July 29th 2017. 

Dave had a spiritually powerful three weeks as his flesh became so dramatically and quickly weaker his spirit became stronger each day. We were both unaware he had anything wrong and had done a lot of heavy activity outside. He felt that Jesus had come to him in hospital and told him he was 'going home'.

He was able to pray and thank God with each of his children as well as his siblings. He ended stronger than ever in his faith. He was so thankful to all who lifted him up in prayer and love and all the encouragement he received from all over the world. The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it. It was a truly supernatural time for the whole family with so many 'Godincidences' on a daily basis. Dave was so happy shedding 'happy tears' for all the Love God poured out on him.
There was so much laughing and memories of all the years which we all shared. Even the doctor said every time he saw Dave he thought he was 'channeling' God.

When I was with Dave in the Hospice I declared from Isaiah 61:3  ‘To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a Crown of beauty for ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment [expressive] of praise instead of a disheartened spirit'. I declared in a very strong moment that I would hold God accountable for this Word to me. I love this verse so much. When I start to cry for some little thing that reminds me that Dave is not here I stop and praise Jesus; listen to some praise and worship music and am so thankful for so much.

I was given a couple of note books by the family when he first died and I found it a good habit to write down 5 things I am thankful for at the end of the day. 
I have had so much joy over the past 7 months and also had a steep learning curve in the area of money, technical activities and looking after a car! But the best of it all has been my very close relationship with Jesus and my Abba Father as my husband. He is totally reliable and always there for me, Isaiah 54:5

Just a few days ago the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to this amazing verse which I am making my Rock to move forward from this lost time.


'After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace [who imparts His blessing and favour], who called you to His own eternal glory in Christ, will Himself complete, confirm, strengthen, and establish you [making you what you ought to be]. To Him be dominion (power, authority, sovereignty) forever and ever. Amen'. 1 Peter 5:10-11


I will now journal my new journey about my new 'normal' as I am sure that 'He Who is comforting me in all my troubles will enable me to comfort those experiencing any trouble with the comfort with which I am myself comforted by God' 2 Corinthians 1:4
PS. The picture of the painting is Dave's last painting 'The narrow Way' 

0 comments:

Post a Comment